Pyzy are round potato dumplings filled with meat or cheese. The dough is made from Russet Burbank potatoes mixed with potato starch flour. Pyzy are usually served with fried onion and bacon.
Thaw Pyzy prior to cooking
Cook more than one package of Pyzy at a time
1. Add a teaspoon of salt to 1 gallon of water, and bring water to a boil
2. Add pyzy to water
Important: Cook only one package per pot
3. Cover pot and bring water back to a boil
4. Once boiling, gently stir
5. Reduce heat to achieve a light simmer
6. Once product begins to float to the surface, boil for another 8-10 minutes
Note: Look for the moment when the dough puffs out and develops a fluffy texture. When this happens, cooking is almost done.
7. Remove product from water and drain
8. Transfer cooked pyzy to plate and cover for 1 minute prior to serving
9. As a topping, use melted butter with fried onions. Another great topping is fried bacon crumbles.